Sunday, October 24, 2010

What family do I belong in??

The kiddos created houses to hold their number families.  They split into groups, some on their own, and created a house.  Then, we got together as a group and decided where each number should live.  This is a way I'm hoping will help the kiddos understand the numbers past 10!  Please encourage recognition of these numbers.  You can create your own small houses on paper and write numbers on small pieces of paper.  Example: Start with just the teens and 20 family.  Say where does this number go?  Then, move onto the higher numbers.  
*A key point is for them to recognize that all teen numbers begin with a 1, all of the 20 family begin with a 2, and so on.  



He chose to work alone:)  Mr. Independent!









Don't worry...I will post the Pumpkin Patch pictures soon.  I took way too many and need to sort through them:0

1 comment:

  1. This is a great idea! We worked with Cole and the larger numbers while we were traveling over Thanksgiving. Most of the flights were labeled with three and four digit flight numbers and he was asking what the numbers were and what they meant and that kept his attention for awhile! The AU/UA and Pitt/WV scores helped as well! :)

    ReplyDelete