Today, we began talking about the concept of left and right. Another Kindergarten teacher came up with the brilliant idea of writing a R and L on their hands. I took this idea from her and used it today. So if you see a r and l on their hands, you now know what it is for. You can ask them questions at home such as:
What hand are you eating with?
What hand do you brush your teeth with?
What hand are you writing with?
What hand do you throw the ball with?
I had one Mom tell me that the dad used a Barbie car and would say, "ok, which way am I turning now"? She would have to answer that the car is turning left or right. What a great idea. Talk to them about you turning in your car. Which way are we turning?
These are all just ideas. You can do whatever you wish.
Any question to bring awareness to to this concept will help!
Thanks:)

No comments:
Post a Comment